Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dentist, Hair and Stuff

Yesterday, I went to the dentist for a routine cleaning and it turns out I need to have a crown put on a tooth that's been on the watch list for some time. As I was checking out, a woman said to me "Is that a punk haircut?" I replied "It was when I was in my twenties." She said "The girls where I volunteer have punk haircuts. I think they're cute."

Who calls short, semi-spiky hair a "punk haircut" these days? And in the case of my hair, which is really very conservative compared to what it looked like when I actually DID have a punk haircut?

Later I popped down to the Giant Eagle to pick up a few things, and I was in the extremely poorly named Express Lane. The woman being rung up had been helping on the Extreme Makeover house in Penn Hills, and as soon as she made this known, she became a major celebrity. Some tidbits I learned:

The house is for a guy who has just been let out of prison and whose wife runs a daycare center out of their home (the woman behind me in line found it pretty odd that they'd let you run a daycare center in a home with a convict)

The dirt on the woman's sweatshirt was fake because they filmed a few laundry detergent commercials while there.

The Extreme Makeover folks did do some rewiring of the house next door to the new one, and the entire street's residents have been put up in hotels for the week.

The woman felt bad for the other residents, because she thought they should "spread the wealth around." Good thing Joe the Plumber wasn't listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home